I’ve talked about Cadillacs and Dinosaurs before but for those who may have missed it, C&D was a Tyco toyline that reused a few Dino Riders dino molds. Tyco fitted the dinosaurs with different weapons & armor and stamped the C&D logo on the package for a quick and easy new toy. They may not be named Dino Riders but they do fit in fairly well so I mix them right in. Ready to look at the Triceratops and check out the differences?
The triceratops at its base is the very same, almost. Tyco did remove the walking feature so the C&D Triceratops is lighter and a bit cheaper feeling. The paint is a little different as well but it’s nothing majorly noticeable.
The harness for the C&D Triceratops is much simper than the Dino Riders version. The attachments for all the dinosaurs in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs were not nearly as cool or complex as the DR versions. The Triceratops has a catapult and boulder as well as a brain box which means this guy ends up with my Dino Riders Rulons.
I have to imagine that the Rulons couldn’t use all their best technology for every dinosaur so some would get more modest weaponry. With that idea in mind I think the C&D dinos fit right in with their Dino Riders cousins. One day I may even get some gray and purple paint and make the harness look a little more Dino Riders-like. A spare seat could easily be glued to one side and a laser gun can be added to the other making this Triceratops even more a part of the Rulon army.
Tyco must have really been proud of the work they did on their Dino Riders dinosaurs as they used them for three toylines; Dino Riders, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and the Smithsonian Collection toylines.
If they had put a little more effort into the dinos from C&D then they might have rivaled the Dino Riders. As it is, however, DR definitely reigns supreme.
Be sure you haven’t missed any Dino Riders coverage!
- Dino Riders Torosaurus
- Dino Riders Pteranodon
- Dino Riders Ice Age Mammoth
- Dino Riders T-Rex
- Dino Riders Diplodocus
- Dino Riders Brontosaurus
- Dino Riders Pterodactyl
- Dino Riders Ankylosaurus and Placerias
- Dino Riders Ice Age Sabre Tooth Tiger
- Dino Riders Colorforms Adventure Set
- Dino Riders T-Rex Gallery
- Dino Riders Italian Print Ads
- Dino Riders Pachycephalosaurus
- Dino Riders Patents
- Dino Riders Styracosaurus
- Dino Riders Monoclonius
- Dino Riders Triceratops
- Dino Riders Valorian Quetzalcoatlus
- Dino Riders Valorian Deinonychus
- Dino Riders Rulon Deinonychus
- Dino Riders Dimetrodon
- Dino Riders Ice Age Giant Ground Sloth
- Dino Riders Saurolophus
- Dino Riders Edmontonia
- Dino Riders Fan Club Pterodactyl and Adult Llahd
- Dino Riders Ice Age Killer Warthog
- Dino Riders Protoceratops
- Dino Riders Struthiomimus
- Dino Riders Stegosaurus
- Dino Riders Chasmosaurus
- Dino Riders Series 1 Overview
- Dino Riders: The Art of Terry Thielen
- Dino Riders Quetzalcoatlus Box: US and Japanese Versions
- Dino Riders Merchandise Part 1
- Dino Riders Merchandise Part 2