Today we’ll continue with Dino Riders though we’ll be switching courses from the big dinos to the smaller figures, specifically the Commandos. The figures in the Dino Riders line were smaller (around 3 inches) and were just repainted over and over and over again. The Commandos, however, were quite different. They were still the same size but were new sculpts with new weapons and accessories. Want to take a look at three (of six) Commandos?
The Commandos were six Valorians that had their own unique skills with weapons and accessories based around that skill. It was a really cool idea that I wish Tyco had continued with another group of specialized Rulons.
Bomba was the Valorian who specialized in landmines. He came with bomb diffusing gear and a huge mine detector.
Glyde was the expert paratrooper. He came with a cross between a parachute and a glider that could get him through the skies and into combat with the Rulons.
The bearded Rok specialized in mountain climbing. He came with some awesome claws and climbing gear to reach those high mountaintops in prehistoric Earth.
Standard Dino Riders figures from all three series of the line were two packs featuring one Valorian and one Rulon. Tyco repainted the figures packed with the dinos and gave them new names to sell as carded figures. They came with no weapons or accessories but did feature some pretty cool repaints from time to time. The Commandos, on the other hand, were single packed, unique characters with a nice assortment of accessories.
Unfortunately there were only six Commandos and they aren’t the easiest toys in the line to come by. They aren’t extremely rare but they are a bit less common than most of the normal Dino Riders figures. Luckily for you, Doom Kick will bring you a look at all the Commandos in time but for now there’s plenty of other Dino Riders coverage right here on DK!
- Dino Riders Torosaurus
- Dino Riders Pteranodon
- Dino Riders Ice Age Mammoth
- Dino Riders T-Rex
- Dino Riders Diplodocus
- Dino Riders Brontosaurus
- Dino Riders Pterodactyl
- Dino Riders Ankylosaurus and Placerias
- Dino Riders Ice Age Sabre Tooth Tiger
- Dino Riders Colorforms Adventure Set
- Dino Riders T-Rex Gallery
- Dino Riders Italian Print Ads
- Dino Riders Pachycephalosaurus
- Dino Riders Patents
- Dino Riders Styracosaurus
- Dino Riders Monoclonius
- Dino Riders Triceratops
- Dino Riders Valorian Quetzalcoatlus
- Dino Riders Valorian Deinonychus
- Dino Riders Rulon Deinonychus
- Dino Riders Dimetrodon
- Dino Riders Ice Age Giant Ground Sloth
- Dino Riders Saurolophus
- Dino Riders Edmontonia
- Dino Riders Fan Club Pterodactyl and Adult Llahd
- Dino Riders Ice Age Killer Warthog
- Dino Riders Protoceratops
- Dino Riders Struthiomimus
- Dino Riders Stegosaurus
- Dino Riders Chasmosaurus
- Dino Riders Series 1 Overview
- Dino Riders: The Art of Terry Thielen
- Dino Riders Quetzalcoatlus Box: US and Japanese Versions
- Dino Riders Merchandise Part 1
- Dino Riders Merchandise Part 2
- Dino Riders Triceratops vs Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Triceratops