I’ve made it a goal that Dino Riders will one day be a line that I collect in its entirety. Unless I die first I will own everything produced or licensed by Tyco as part of the Dino Riders brand. It may take years but I love the line and have been enjoying picking up everything from coloring books to puzzles to the toys. Today it’s time to bring another of those toys to Doom Kick and the Struthiomimus is due for a look. Ready to check it out?
First off, the Struthiomimus is one speedy looking dino and the Valorians used its speed to their advantage. The armor/harness is minimal and the rider is a young Valorian, keeping the load limit down so the dinosaur can reach even greater speeds.
Stripped of the harness, the Struthio is another greatly detailed 80’s dinosaur toy. Its a fur covered dino with just enough color to make it look interesting without going too wild on the design.
The Struthiomimus stands well which is good because it is a very static dinosaur. The only articulation is in the arms and even that is very minimal.
The harness for the rider features a small radar, one medium sized laser cannon and a compartment for carrying messages or whatever else your Valorians need moved from one location to another in a short amount of time.
The rider is Nimbus, a young Valorian who is rather dull and definitely not the focal point of this set. Nobody bought Dino Riders toys for the figures alone, they were bought because it all came together for one awesome package.
The Struthio is a smaller dino but all the different sizes in the line make for a really nice nice display when set up together once again proving Tyco had a really great toyline on their hands.
- Dino Riders Torosaurus
- Dino Riders Pteranodon
- Dino Riders Ice Age Mammoth
- Dino Riders T-Rex
- Dino Riders Diplodocus
- Dino Riders Brontosaurus
- Dino Riders Pterodactyl
- Dino Riders Ankylosaurus and Placerias
- Dino Riders Ice Age Sabre Tooth Tiger
- Dino Riders Colorforms Adventure Set
- Dino Riders T-Rex Gallery
- Dino Riders Italian Print Ads
- Dino Riders Pachycephalosaurus
- Dino Riders Patents
- Dino Riders Styracosaurus
- Dino Riders Monoclonius
- Dino Riders Triceratops
- Dino Riders Valorian Quetzalcoatlus
- Dino Riders Valorian Deinonychus
- Dino Riders Rulon Deinonychus
- Dino Riders Dimetrodon
- Dino Riders Ice Age Giant Ground Sloth
- Dino Riders Saurolophus
- Dino Riders Edmontonia
- Dino Riders Fan Club Pterodactyl and Adult Llahd
- Dino Riders Ice Age Killer Warthog
- Dino Riders Protoceratops